Applied Optimization Problems Department
The page had been done at December 18, 1998.
- About our Department
- Our people
- Directions of activity
- Main results
- Recent Publications
About our Department
Mail: The Applied Optimization Problems Department, Computing Center of Russian Academy of Science, Vavilova St., 40, Moscow, GSP-1, 117967 Russia Phone: (7-095) 135-2539 Fax: (7-095) 135-6159 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department was set up in 1980. It was first headed by Prof. Yu.G.Evtushenko. At present the head of the Department is Dr.Sc. V.G.Zhadan.
The basic objective of the Department is the development of algorithmic, software and program support of optimization problems and decision making. The staff of the Department are specialists in computing mathematics, extreme-value problem theory, system programming, integrated data bases, multicomputer systems, intelligent systems for decision making in multicriterial cases.
Directions of activity
V.G. Zhadan Dr.Sc. head of department email@example.com A.Ph. Albu Ph.D. researcher A.S. Antipin Dr.Sc. leading researcher A.Ya. Belyankov Ph.D. senior researcher A.I. Golikov Ph.D. senior researcher E.N. Gordeev Dr.Sc. senior researcher V.U. Malkova programmer firstname.lastname@example.org P.I. Shkljar Ph.D. researcher A.-J.A. Stanevichius Ph.D. senior researcher email@example.com E.E. Zasuhina junior researcher
The Department makes theoretical studies, develops intelligent packages, interactive systems and problem-oriented programming complexes intended to solve applied optimization problems.
The researches have obtained new theoretical results and proposed effective numerical methods in the field of linear algebra, unconditional minimization, linear and non-linear programming, global, discrete and multicriterial optimization.
- a unified approach has been developed to systematize non-linear programming methods which has given rise to a number of new methods;
- non-linear programming methods have been generalized to solve multicriterial optimization and optimum control problems;
- radically new methods of non-uniform coverings have been proposed in global and multicriterial optimization;
- schemes of effective and accurate differentiation of complex functions on a computer have been developed;
- many theoretical results have been implemented in the original interactive optimization system DISO, it has been employed for many practical applications, for instance, computer-aided design, decision making, system dynamics, load-bearing structure optimization, processing of observation results.
- Russian Foundation for Basic Research (96-01-01047) "The theory of new finite step Newton's methods for solving mathematical programming problems" (head V.G. Zhadan).
- Russian Foundation for Basic Research (96-01-01046) " Equilibrium programming: setting of the problem and solution methods " (head A.S. Antipin);
Sorry, this section is under construction but the information will be available soon.