Born: 20 January 1946
Sector of Stability and Mechanics of Controlled Systems,
Department of Mechanics of the Computing Centre, Russian Academy of Sciences
Degree: Candidate of
(Department of Mechanics of the Mechanical-Mathematical Faculty, Moscow State University, 1972)
Research Interests: Rigid
Bodies Dynamics, Nonholonomic Systems, Geometrical Applications
in Analytical Mechanics, Dry (Coulomb) Friction, Symbolic and Numerical
Modelling in Mechanics, History of Mechanics
(the total number of publications is over 50)
1. "On Motion of a N-links Chain along an Inclined
Plane with Friction" (in Russian),
In Coll. Papers: Zadachi issledovaniya ustoichivosti i stabilizatsii dvizheniya.
Moscow: the Computing Centre of RAS Ed., (1998), 73-84.
2. "On Poshekhonov's Pendulum", J. Appl. Math. Mech. (PMM), Vol.60, No.3, (1996), 407-411.
3. "Conditions for the Onset of Sliding in a Plain System with Friction",
J. Appl. Math. Mech. (PMM), Vol.59, No.6, (1995), 845-852..
4. "The Limiting Motions of Systems with Dry Friction",
J. Appl. Math. Mech. (PMM), Vol.57, No.1 (1993), 11-19.
5. "Developments of some Lagrange's Ideas in the Works of Russian and Soviet Mechanicians",
Atti Acc. Sc. Torino, Cl. Sc. Fis., Mat. e Nat., Suppl. n.2 al vol. 126 (1992), 169-200.